Saturday 10 February 2018

Tech Task #8

For this task, we were to look into what an infographic is and then subsequently make our own. 

I was previously aware of infographics before today so I didn't have to do much research. Although, I did find out that there are SO many different types of infographics that have been designed. That was super neat!

I believe that infographics are super useful within the classroom. Some students learn best through visuals. If we as teachers can provide them with clearly laid out information in a visual format they will be able to best learn the material. I believe it is so important that if we present students with text about content we should also provide them an image or visual on that same content too. This serves to give the students multiple ways to interpret the content. 

Here are two examples of infographics I could see using in my classroom:

First, an infographic about DNA...

https://visual.ly/community/infographic/science/dna-presented


Next, an infographic about World Geography...

http://infographiclist.com/2011/10/26/geography-of-pakistan-infographic/

Lastly, I designed my very own infographic using the very intuitive and helpful site called Piktochart. It is super simple to do. I chose to create an infographic about climate change!

Check it out here: https://create.piktochart.com/output/27971930-new-piktochart

Cheers,

Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble #15 Greetings! This is my final blog post for the Internet For Educators course! We have come a long way! As we all think towards...