Sunday 25 February 2018

Tech Task #7


In this post I want to introduce you to Lisa Nielsen. A few weeks ago I was looking ahead at all of our tech tasks. I noticed the one that had us finding and sharing an education blogger. At the time I did not know of any education blogger so I went searching!

I stumbled upon Lisa Nielsen's blog. It is called "The Innovative Educator". It is a tremendous blog about various topics. However, there is a focus on at-risk-youth. I found this to be a very unique subject for an educator to be discussing regularly. She actually has a series of blogs entitled "Innovative Approaches to Support At-Risk-Youth". I would recommend checking that out for sure. 

Recently, given the tragic school shooting in Parkland, Florida she has posted a couple of blogs about school safety and school community. These were excellent posts. One of them was made using an infographic like we made previously in this course.

The thing I like about Lisa compared to some of the other education blogger I have been following is that she is active. She posts at least once a week, more than likely it is twice, or three times. This makes a difference as a reader. With blogs that only post once a month or so, it is hard to make a connection with the author because you are only "visiting" them once in a blue moon. In the few short weeks I have been following Lisa I feel as though I have got to know who she is as an educator and a person. 

Check out Lisa's blog here:

https://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.ca/2018/02/address-learning-differences-with-these.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble #15 Greetings! This is my final blog post for the Internet For Educators course! We have come a long way! As we all think towards...