Thursday 16 February 2017

Ramble #6

As always, here is another video I like!


This is such an amazing story! It is comical, but also an inspiring story of perseverance.

This week in class we discussed digital storytelling and multimedia presentations in the classroom.

I have a decent amount of experience using a variety of multimedia programs and applications throughout my life. This is mostly due to my interest in technology and all it offers. Just like most, I have used PowerPoint countless times, however, I have also used audacity, sway, prezi, and iMovie many times as well.

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Mexico two years ago. I wanted to document this trip well. I decided to take a lot of pictures and a few videos as well. When we got home I had all of these photos and videos on my iPhone. I was inspired to pick up iMovie on my MacBook and put together a video of these pictures and videos to music. Wow! It was a steep learning curve but at the same time I was fascinated by the editing program and editing process. It brought our trip to life! During the next few months I watched a bunch of iMovie and video editing tutorials on YouTube. I learned a lot of information as well as tips and tricks! The following year (last year) we went back to Mexico. My new found knowledge and skills came in handy when we arrived back home. This time I had decided to take a lot more video (clips, timelapses, etc.) to put together a true video. My new found knowledge and skills created a much better video this time around. It was all video; no pictures at all. I created an overarching narrative to the video and had a variety of camera shots and angles. I truly loved experimenting with my camera and the editing software to create the best video possible for me at that time. There is always more to learn, so I look forward to more personal and professional video projects in the future!

As I stated earlier creating these videos seemed to bring our trip to life. It is an amazing tool to capture and re-live memories in our lives. I could definitely see creating multi-media projects for my students when I am a teacher. It is a special way to capture knowledge and skills in an ever present technological society.

Until next week,

Justin Rowe

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble #15 Greetings! This is my final blog post for the Internet For Educators course! We have come a long way! As we all think towards...