Thursday 9 March 2017

Ramble #9

Wow! We have reached the last week.... FINALLY! At times it felt like it would never come. It has been a pleasure and I am ecstatic to begin my student teaching placement next week. 

It is fitting that this week's video would be the video I created myself for this class...

So here it is!


This week I want to reflect on this course and all we have learned throughout the 9 weeks. 

When I entered this course I felt fairly competent in ICT. However, this course has taught me that there is always more to learn.

I had no idea about curation sites that make organizing online resources easy. I had no idea about the power of Google drive and all it has to offer. I had no idea of free online music, photo editing, and slideshow websites. I had no idea of the very fun application known as Kahoot! I had no idea of the copyright laws surrounding online material.

On top of all of this, the most important thing this course has taught me is the power of ICT in the classroom. I now have a tremendous appreciation of integrating technology into the classroom. Although technology may not always be appropriate, many times it is. Nowadays, students are entering the classroom with vast technological knowledge. It is our job as teachers to foster this in our classrooms and give them ample opportunities to express themselves through technology. Whether that is online quiz apps, video projects, meme making, blogging, webquests, or any other the other many ICT mediums. 

I want to say thanks to Mike Nantais for the amazing and meaningful course.

Good luck to everyone in student teaching!

I will end with a quote...

"Technology will never replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of great teachers is transformational" - George Couros




2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the class and learned much. Your final video is a great idea and you ask your future self important questions - I hope you do that M.Ed. in the future and that all your answers in 10 years are good ones! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! Have a great summer and I'll see you next term!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Ramble #15 Greetings! This is my final blog post for the Internet For Educators course! We have come a long way! As we all think towards...